Thursday, June 18, 2009

Back in Broken Hill

Well, now I'm back in Broken Hill for a few weeks to regain some stamina for my upcoming, month-long tour of New Zealand. It was becoming painfully obvious that I needed to take a break from traveling and relax a while before I embark on any more journeys. Of course, there are also numerous people in Broken Hill with whom I wanted to spend some time before I headed back to the states.

It was comforting to see that nothing much has changed in this town, except the weather. When I left here it was 40C, which is very hot by most people standards. Upon my return, the temperature has dropped a lot to about 10-15C in the day and freezing at night. This is probably the coldest place I've visited so far in Australia, beating both Victoria and Tasmania.

The other big change is a lack of Jess. With her at school in Adelaide, the house is strangely empty and quiet. I do find this to be quite nice after the continuous lack of personal space I found in the hostels.

No comments: