Sunday, December 21, 2008

Tomato Tomato

Here's a song I wrote about American vs. Aussie Pronunciation. It is based on another song of which I've had absolutely no part in creating:

You say Tomah-to, I say Tomay-to
Yet you say Potayto, I say Potayto.
Tomahto, Tomayto
Potayto, Potayto
Isn't this a little bit off?

You say Maroan, I say Maroon
Yet you say Balloon, I say Balloon.
Maroan, Maroon
Balloon, Balloon.
This is kinda pissing me off.

Sadly, my excessive cleverness only got me two verses. All I'm trying to say is words with the same spelling should have the same pronunciation! Tomato and Potato should both be pronounced the same way, one with a T, one with a P. Maroon should never be pronounced Maroan. That just doesn't make sense in any kind of way. Alas, Americans are just as bad, at least I know what to expect from them though.

No comments: