Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Aussie Music: AC/DC

By far, the most popular band from Australia is AC/DC. They've had so many hits internationally, I doubt I even need to name a few. (but I will, "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap", "You Shook me All night long", "Back in Black", "Thunderstruck", "Hells Bells", "Highway to Hell", "TNT", "Big Balls", "She's got balls"). This band is pure Aussie. Rough, tough, singing about drinking and partying all the time. There is no filter, no questions or regrets about the subject matter. AC/DC is AC/DC and F' you to anybody who passes judgement. They were such extreme partiers, their lead singer, Bon Scott, drank himself to death. They never stopped the party. I've never much cared for their music myself. For the most part, I feel that every one of the their songs sounds exactly the same, but they are not too bad when I get in a bashing mood.

No comments: