Thursday, March 19, 2009

New Agers

One thing about my tour of hippie Australia that I've greatly enjoyed is conversing with the various New Agers that congregate in the region. Now, none have been incredibly crazy or anything. Most have been some sort of Buhdist or western Buhdist hybrid. I've learned various things about myself from these people. For example, an older man, Keith, revealed to me that I had drowned in a previous life. This explains my anxiety attacks when I tried to go diving, as well as my fear of not being able to breathe in tight places.

Another woman made further speculations of my past lives. She did a numerology analysis of my birth date and found I was a 36/9! I forgot what the three means, but the six means that before I can reach the next level of spiritual development, I'd have to settle issues with love. After that, I had to complete the nine, which is very powerful. Apparently, this means that I've journeyed far in my past lives, so if I can ground myself and firmly plant my soul, my soul will be at the end of the line. This is great news!

I received more good news from Donna. Her tarot reading showed that I'm currently at a strong place of creativity in my life. Another card affirmed that my past issues with love may finally be behind me.

No, I don't "believe" in any of this, but I do feel I can take positive things from this. First, the numerology shows that the soul has a journey, a path to follow to become complete. Nothing new really, but the numbers gave me something to focus on. The tarot was positive and reaffirming of my many of the issues I'd been dealing with while traveling. This is the purpose of any spiritual beliefs, be it religion, cards, numbers. Most people need help to focus their spirituality, as long as what they believe does this in a positive way, it has value. Who am I to judge that?

No comments: