Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Karaoke

I love karaoke, this is no secret to anybody who's met me for even a couple minutes. It combines many of my favorite things in life: Music, good friends, beer, being the center of attention, and in certain seasons, baseball games. I attend karaoke two times a week. Mondays, I go to my workplace, often with Cailin to play board games and do my best Lou Gramm scatting in the informal, nearly empty environment where I practically live. The others is Thursday at Old Mexico, where a large spattering of many of my friends hit up every week. This is a quick to settle many of my social needs.

I try not to sing the same song more than once. If I hear a song on the radio that day that gets stuck in my head, it'll probably be sung. Some Aaron karaoke stats:

Total number of different songs sung: 384 (that I distinctly remember)
Most Sung group: The Rolling Stones (this surprised me)
First Ever song: Locomotive Breathe by Jethro Tull
Most recent song sung: Wonderboy by Tenacious D
Favorite Group to Sing: Foreigner or Meatloaf
Best Songs: Tom Sawyer by Rush, Two out of Three Ain't Bad by Meatloaf
Favorite hated song to sing: With Arms Wide Open by Creed
Worst Song: In a Big Country by Big Country
Favorite Group to sing that doesn't work with my voice: Hall and Oates

2 comments:

Paul said...

I've known you all your life and this comes as a surprise to me. Next thanksgiving, Karaoke it is...

MyCheekyMonkey said...

Your love of the power ballad shall be forever immoralized at Ole Mexico by the shards of glass missing from the hanging lampshade above the microphone. For anyone who is not already aware of this, as Asron sings power ballads he really likes to pepper in the occassional enthusiastic fist pump, and in doing so has been known to do some damage... like breaking the hanging glass lampshade. One might say to oneself, "well, how often can this have happened?" Two, maybe three time in the answer, but man, it's entertaining!