Friday, October 3, 2008

The Sighting

As one would expect to happen, the very day I write a rant about how I've never seen a live kangaroo, I see one just three blocks from where I am living.

Jess and I were heading to a barbie at her grandparents place, but she wanted to show me where here father works first. We drove a block out of town and out in the distance was a short sillouette. We looked at each other and both knew what it may be. As we drove closer, it became evident that it was in face the outline of a kangaroo in the distance. We went a little further to get a good look before it hopped away. It was quite exciting! Unfortuneately, I didn't have my camera with me. My first live kangaroo will have to go photographically undocumented.
Sadness.

After it hopped away, Jess whipped a quick U-turn. "Let's get out of here quick; if you see one, there are always more." Apparently, you don't even have to hit the kangaroo with your car, they'll hop into you. Les had a car totaled from such an incident.

It is good to know that even the cute Aussie animals can and will hurt/kill you.

1 comment:

aj burke said...

Hi Aaron - just read all the posts on your adventures - sounds like great fun! I really liked the illustrations in the first few posts and hope to see some more. (Amanda)