Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Melbourne

Tickets have been booked. Accommodations have been secured. My first Australia excursion is going to happen. From November 14 until November 21, I will be heading with Jess to Melbourne. She already has the whole trip planned, I need to do some research and get at least one day planned myself.

Originally, we were planning on going to Fiji with the whole family. Unfortunately, it proved to be a little too expensive for our budget. I fret about costs, so when the trip came up, I was quite stressed out. Then over the next twelve hours, I rationalized the whole thing and decided it was good move. A Fiji vacation from the states would cost maybe $5000+. From Australia though, the whole trip would have been $3000. I woke up, ready to make the financial commitment to the trip; I was even getting a bit excited. Alas, it was called off.

Next, we thought of going to Cairns, a beautiful coastal town in Northeastern Australia. This was shot down as well. Apparently the jellyfish and crocs will kill you this time of year. Also that trip would have been $2000. Everyone backed out of even taking a holiday.

So now just Jess and I are going to Melbourne which is cool. $500 shall be the total cost. Plus, Melbourne is considered an essential trip for any Australian vacation, despite how much Jess may loathe it. She actually seems quite excited. As much as it is weird for me to let somebody else plan things for me, it makes her happy, so I'm glad to sit back and not let my type A-ness get the best of me. Melbourne here we come!

No comments: